tirsdag 15. februar 2011

Oh what a year and what a life!

My life changed dramatically in September 2010 when I got the diagnosis breastcancer- and it had spread to the lymph system. I startet to write short time after that- but the chemo did its work and I was in the middle of an exame- and I really got problems to write or speak english. Maybe this will be good for me to try finding words again, and my english spoken friends can finally update :o) - I know some of you guys have forgotten your norwegian ;o)

16.09.2010
The day.... the day when I finally picked up the phone and rung the hospital. I was studying in the building next to- and I knew something was wrong. I had been climbing mountains last summer to be in better shape- but I only got worse. This limb in my breast was something strange- it was so big that I thought it was supposed to be like that- but it was not like that in the other..
Two hours later, two doctors and a nurse sat with me in a small white room. They looked so seriously. They told me, and I begged them to say that I would survive. The oldest looked so sad, and he told me that people had survived this. But a lot would depend on how I would manage the chemo, it would be a long way to go before I could be well again. The limb was so big that they couldn't messure it. But most seriously was the spread.
I felt like fainting, and had to remind me that I should'n die tomorrow. They had a plan. A plan I should follow, and perhaps survive. I cried, oh man I was crying! I couldn't sleep - waking up all the time just to  remind me that it wasn't a nightmare- it was real.

I started chemo allready the day after.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar